- Bruins et al, 2018; Considerations for Secondary Prevention of Nutritional Deficiencies in High-Risk Groups in High-Income Countries; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5793275/
- Bird et al, 2017; Risk of Deficiency in Multiple Concurrent Micronutrients in Children and Adults in the United States, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5537775/
- USDA, 2005, What we eat in America, NHANES, https://www.ars.usda.gov/ARSUserFiles/80400530/pdf/usual/usualintaketables2001-02.pdf
- World Health Organization, Vitamin and Mineral Nutrition Information System (VMNIS), https://www.who.int/vmnis/database/en/ and https://ourworldindata.org/micronutrient-deficiency
- Nelson et al, 2018; Income growth and climate change effects on global nutrition security to mid-century, https://www.nature.com/articles/s41893-018-0192-z.pdf
- 5. Heaney, R. P. et al., Human serum 25-hydroxycholecalciferol response to extended oral dosing with cholecalciferol, The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 77, no. 1 (January 2003): 204– 10, http:// pmid.us/ 12499343. 3)
- 6. Heaney, R. P., “Vitamin D: Criteria for safety and efficacy,” issue supplement 2, Nutrition Reviews 66, no. 10 (October 2008): S178– 81, http:// pmid.us/ 18844846.
- 7. Heaney, R. P. et al., “25-Hydroxylation of vitamin D3: Relation to circulating vitamin D3 under various input conditions,” The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 87, no. 6 (June 2008): 1738– 42, http:// pmid.us/ 18541563.
- 8. “Vitamin D physiology,” http:// vitamindcouncil.org/ vitaminDPhysiology.shtml.